Thank you for your interest! The Texas Light Foot Militia is an all-volunteer organization, drawing on the talents of a diverse and wide variety of Texans. The TLFM relies on the continuing recruitment, training, and gracious commitments of individuals such as yourself to enhance our capabilities and effectiveness. Join us and see for yourself the friendship, skills, and camaraderie that comes with associating with those who share like-minded purpose.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to apply. (We accept people of all ages over 16, regardless of physical capabilities.)
- Applicants must be able to legally own a firearm.
- Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check. (In most cases, a License to Carry (LTC) issued by the State of Texas will suffice in lieu of a criminal background check. This will greatly speed up the membership process.)
- Applicants must not possess illegal weapons; this is explicitly prohibited.
- Applicants must attend three unit meetings or TLFM-sponsored events to become a voting member.
- All former military service member applicants must be consent to a visual inspection of their DD-214.
- All current and former law enforcement officer applicants must consent to a visual inspection of their TCLEOSE certification.
- Character requirements:
- Each individual will be personally interviewed.
- We do not accept racists, bigots, sexists or any kind of ostracism of any individual based on any constitutionally protected status.
- Applicants must display unwavering dedication to supporting and defending all Natural Rights for all people.
- Physical Requirements:
- Applicants must be responsible for their own physical fitness, as we do not conduct physical training.